SECRETS OF A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE
There is no specific secrete of successful marriage except to be born again in Christ Jesus. There is no marriage without rough but if Christ Jesus is the corner stone of that marriage, it may go through matrimony's rough patches and the end justifies the means. God is the author of godly marriage; He makes sure He starts and ends with us bountifully in joy.
A Successful marriage needs the following keys to thrive or Flourish:
1. DEEP LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER 1John 4:16-18 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? Without Love godly marriage cannot exist. Love is a pivot of every marriage which is under the control of the Holy Spirit. The above verses tell us that God is love; therefore if God is love we must portrait His character in our marriages. Marriage without love is like empty vessel without water. When there is much noise in the marriage, it means there is no love and affection. Loving each other profoundly erases all debt in form of wrong doing, fear and over anxiety. Where there is deep love, it is likely peace can be found there. In marriage, we must act as brother keeper not like Cain who killed Abel because of envy. Love covers many problems. The good book said loves your neighbor as yourself. Our marriage partner life, must concern us as couples.
2. NEEDS WISDOM: James 3:13 -18 13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. 14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. Wisdom is a principal gift of God, therefore our marriages to succeed we need wisdom from above not below. Heavenly wisdom gives direction how and what to say when the needs arise. The kind of Conversation or communication in our marriages will determine if our marriages will be successful or not. Our words must be salty even in time of annoyance. The best way to use divine wisdom in our marriage is to be quiet when we are irritated. We must make sure we apply wisdom in every area of our life as a husband and wife. Husband and wife are not enemies but they are friends, therefore wisdom must be applied when exchanging words so that the marriage may not crumble and fall apart.
3. FORGIVENESS Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. If God forgives all our sin, then we must Endeavour to forgive our partners. If we can forgive in our marriages then our marriages will be living and active and reach where God want it to be. Holding our partner in our heart is like striking your marriage with Harmer. What one does not welcome cannot be stable in his/her life forever. Do not hold your partner in your heart for several hours without forgiving him or her. Forgiveness is a medicine that heals marriage. The Bible says joy comes in the morning; therefore as you forgive, and let peace and joy prevail within you, God will cause your marriage to succeed. If one refuses to forgive the other partners he or she suffers most because, the other partner many not have anything against you but since you have bitterness within you, it may eat you up. Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; One needs to redeem the weak from falling than pushing him or her to fall great. Forgiveness brings promotion, peace and abundant love.
4. REPETITION OF BAD ATTITUDE What causes many marriages to fall part is repetition of bad attitude among couples. If one wants to have successful marriage, he/she needs learn how to accept correction and learn from mistakes. We should not intentionally hurt others in the name of Love and Marriage.
5. We should learn how to say “I am sorry dear, Please, May I, Will you mind” etc Such words calm situation than fighting or exchange of words.
6. THINK MORE ABOUT THE MARRIAGE Some marriages fall apart because of lack of knowledge and indiscipline. A successful marriage is the one that think about the well being of the family than individual again. Personal gain destroys the whole marriage. Have positive mind towards the future of the marriage. Do all things together and reason together. Do not take decision on your own but share your mind with one another.
7. Prayer and meditation of God’s word in togetherness Successful marriages are those who depend on God and not man. Prayer and meditation on the word of God helps the marriage to grow to maturity. Attend the same church and have one believe increase oneness in the family.
8. ACCEPTING OUR MISTAKES We are called together to solve problem not to create problem. Any time one sense that he or she is at fault, we need to apologize than spinning around our sins. Let us accept our mistakes and let life go on in the marriage. The devil uses this weak point to destroy marriages. 9
. RESPONSIBILITIES We must know our responsibility as man and woman in the marriage. Playing our roles help a lot in marriage.