What can a man do to protect his marriage if the woman disrespects her mother in-law?
Answer: Ephesians 5:31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." Godly marriage has rules and regulations that governed the marriage, check if you have violated any of Christian rules in your marriage.
The secret of marriage is that only three of you can solve your marital problems. The first person is God who joined both together as Husband and Wife Second person, the head of the family (Husband) Third person, the wife Therefore when you have problem(s) go to God and ask for wisdom for the family. Others can help you in prayers too and give you godly advice but you will accept to forgive and let it go.
There is no counselor on earth which can help you to settle your differences if three of you (God, Husband and wife) do not want the marriage to be joined together again. Ephesians 5:31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."
Few question for you:
1. Are you all staying in family house? If yes, it could lead to misunderstanding because you violate the rule of the game. (Ephesians 5:31)
2. Did your mother agreed to the marriage? If no, it could leads to such things
3. Was your wife respecting your mother before you married her? If yes, then your mother or your wife did something which needs to be addressed
4. Does your mother love your wife? If no, then such things could emerge among them
5. Are you caring for your mother? If no, then a hungry man or woman is an angry man or woman which could lead to such.
6. Is your mother married and staying with your father? If no, then some women are very jealous about their son’s wife. This could only be solve through prayer and counseling of your mum and your wife
7. Is your wife a godly woman? If yes, then cross check your mum attitude and let elders of the church come in for counseling. If no, she needs Jesus Christ to understand the rule of marriage.
8. Is your mother a godly woman? If no, then preach Christ to her and let her accept Christ and pray for her, to have heart for forgiveness
9. How do you treat your wife before your mother? If you treat your wife badly before your mother and you don’t cover her weak side in the marriage, such things could leads to disrespect to your mother. Ie before your mother insulting your wife anyhow and your mother too, calling her names.
10. Does your wife welcome your Siblings in your house? If your wife does not allow your younger ones to visit you and feel comfortable, hmmm, it could trigger something else
11. Do you praise your wife before your mother? If no, learn how to present your wife well before your mother and your mother well before your wife.
12. Do you cover her up before your mother during misunderstanding between you?
Learn how to keep the family secret without letting your family know.
Hope this could help solve the problem if the marriage is from heaven.