Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. Song of Solomon 8:6
Jealousy, Jealousy, Jealousy, everywhere jealousy even in animal kingdom, it is there. It is natural to feel jealous now and then but too much of everything is bad. God is a jealous God hence all His creations have some traits of jealousy in us, someone can decide not to show it up but we all have it within us.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; Exodus 20:5
Jealousy helps us to know our feelings towards our partners are still active and we don’t want third party to join us in marriage. If our feeling of jealousy is over dosed then we need these important keys as our new pastor mentioned few last night.
Managing our individual jealousy help our marriage to grow and make more godly friends and be among people for long time because we need each other in life. Here are few steps individuals can take to reduce jealousy and build godly marriage or relationship.
1. Pray about it often as possible for God to give you heart of trust in God to trust your spouse and attend deliverance services if you believe God can deliver you through someone prayer.
2. Get closer to God more and read His word every day
3. Assess your relationship
4. Assess yourself
5. Seek out other support (Counselor).
6. Recognize your jealousy
7. Learn from your jealousy
8. Let it go and be ready to flash it out
9. Manage your emotions healthfully.
10. Remind yourself of your positive traits.
11. Throw away fear to lose your husband or wife
12. Have positive mind about every step of your spouse
Note: Jealousy leads many spouses to bring third person into our matrimonial home because whatever we ponder about and decree every day manifest in the physical realm. Therefore let us be careful about what we declare or decree in our marriages.
God bless you